Sustainable Ecological Economic Development
SEEDlings is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and understanding of sustainable development. In an era of increasingly limited resources and a growing world population, it is even more important that we understand and better manage the interaction between the human and environmental components of our world.
To provide educational and charitable assistance to the general public by promoting sustainable development practices and provide aid and resources to regions inflicted with poverty and/or natural disaster.
Envision a world in which we live within our means and in balance with nature and people's livelihoods.
- To disseminate educational material to the public, including but not limited to material relating to socio-economic development, agroecology, humanitarian relief, through publications, lectures, or otherwise;
- To integrate key principles from bio-economics and the economics of environmental conservation, along with comprehensive concepts of needs and wants, social equity, and ecosystem integrity;
- To develop sustainable development programs, curricula and other related activities coupled with fieldwork;
- To provide training in the latest technologies and improve organizational knowledge transfer to regions that lack capacity building strategies;
- To provide poverty alleviation and provision of basic facilities;
- To drill sustainable water systems and basic wells for regions in need of clean water;
- To set up community gardens for areas in need of social and ecological management; and
- To increase investments in irrigation, efficient use of power for irrigation, and shift towards sustainable agricultural practices, water management, pollution, land degradation, and soil erosion.